[teknoids] Multi factor authentication

Dan Manier manier at nd.edu
Thu Oct 28 14:18:10 EDT 2021

Hi Kristin,

We have been using dual-factor authentication for many years at Notre Dame.
We started with Duo and moved to Okta about two years ago. Next week
another factor will be added to Okta Verify for 'high risk' logins. Our
classroom lectern PCs are exempted because our faculty often do not bring
their phones to the classroom. It adds a bit of risk, but something to
consider.

Best,
Dan

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 11:46 AM Kristin McCarthy <KMcCarthy at nesl.edu>
wrote:

> Hi all -
>
> I have a question for anyone who can help me in this group.  Please feel
> free to reply directly to me.  Do you force students/faculty/staff to
> use Multi Factor Authentication to access things like webmail or Canvas?
>
> Thanks in advance for any information/advice/recommendations!
>
> Kristin
>
> *Kristin McCarthy*
>
> Director of the Law Library and Assistant Professor of Law
>

> NEW ENGLAND LAW | BOSTON
>
> 154 Stuart Street, Boston, MA 02116
> T 617.422.7418
>
> F 617.422.7303