[teknoids] Multi factor authentication

Moore, Gary GMOORE at law.sc.edu
Wed Oct 27 12:15:18 EDT 2021

Hi Kristin

Yes, the University uses Duo to multifactor into Office365.   It made a huge difference when that was implemented because that ended the hacking of student email accounts, because they tend to use their email account for signing up for outside website accounts with the same password (and then that website is breached).

Regards,

Gary

__

Gary Moore
Assistant Dean for Academic Technology
803-777-8296
Email: gmoore at law.sc.edu<mailto:gmoore at law.sc.edu> |Web:  http://law.sc.edu/it
Open a Help Desk Ticket Here<https://scprod.service-now.com/sp?id=sc_cat_item&sys_id=16cf5db11b7b48d0b106b8cc1d4bcb09> (Be sure to select "School of Law" in the field "From whom are you seeking assistance?")
School of Law Knowledge Base<https://scprod.service-now.com/$knowledge.do?sysparm_kb=73018bb3dbf760101300f2f5ab9619a1&browse_type=categories>

Academic Technology
School of Law
University of South Carolina