[teknoids] Exams and e-books

Edwards, Kim kedwards at richmond.edu
Tue Nov 23 13:01:28 EST 2021

We are an Exam4 shop here.

When I send out the email to gather information about exams, I remind faculty that they likely have students using ebooks and they also have students using OneNote or google docs to take notes.  Most textbooks are not downloadable to their hard drives.

I’ve noticed more and more faculty choosing either Open + Network mode (open to the hard drive and to the internet) or just giving traditional Closed mode exams (no material; computer secured).  Just this morning I had a professor ask to change one of their exams from Open to Open + Network since so many of their students shared they keep their notes on google drive.  Because it’s too late for that, I suggested they mention to their students they need to download any notes that they may want to access to their hard drives (and I’d be happy to email her students as well).

/soapbox

PLEASE READ MY EMAILS – THEY’RE NOT LONG BUT THE INFO IS IMPORTANT.

/endsoapbox

Happy examing, folks!
Kim

--