[teknoids] Exams and e-books

Wondracek, Jenny jwondracek at law.capital.edu
Mon Nov 22 12:50:52 EST 2021

We have struggled with this at both my current and my previous school. What I generally recommend is that the faculty address it in advance at the beginning of the semester so that students understand what they may give up with an e-book. It usually comes down to the professor or the school not being comfortable with an open hard drive and requiring print materials for open book exams.

This is actually going to become more and more of an issue, though, I think. Wolters Kluwer is trying to get schools to pay for their textbooks in e-format for the students. One of the first questions I asked was how will it work with the exam software, and they had no answer.

Jenny

Jennifer L. Wondracek
Director of the Law Library
Professor of Legal Research & Writing
Capital University Law School
303 East Broad St. ‖ Columbus, Ohio 43215
jwondracek at law.capital.edu<mailto:jwondracek at law.capital.edu> ‖ (614) 236-6448