[teknoids] [CALIcon2021] Call for presenters - virtual CALIcon June 2 - 4, 2021

Elmer Masters emasters at cali.org
Thu Feb 11 13:50:11 EST 2021

Howdy folks.

The 31st annual CALI Conference for Law School Computing is going to be
online only again this year. We'll be following the same structure as last
year with 3 action packed afternoons full of great sessions and
interesting discussions. And it's time for proposing sessions, so here's
the call for presenters with all the details you need:
CALICON21 :THE DISTANCE ED GENIE IS OUT OF THE BOTTLE || JUNE 2 - 4, 2021

10,000 law faculty have spent the past year teaching on one video platform
or another.  Many have had to manage their courses through some kind of
website or LMS.  They now have skills – however reluctantly learned – in
some aspects of computer-mediated instruction and educational video.  This
is a skill set – however nascent – that will be useful in the future.  How
can we build on this? If you had a magic lamp, what would be your three
wishes for the way legal education is done in the 2020s?  We hope to
explore this theme from the perspective of faculty, students, law
librarians, educational technologists, and Teknoids in legal education.
Join us!

For 30 years, CALIcon, The Conference for Law School Computing, has
organized its schedule at nearly the last minute in order to bring the most
relevant and up-to-date presentations to attendees. This year is no
different and we are looking for law school faculty, librarians, and
technologists with strong opinions, great ideas, interesting projects, and
useful advice. Come and share and be challenged.

Again this year CALIcon is all virtual. We plan on following last year's
formula, so we want you to do a 15 minute pre-recorded session on some
topic related to the conference theme The Distance Ed Genie Is Out Of The
Bottle . This can be a screencast, interpretive dance, podcast, Zoom panel
discussion – whatever you want, but you have to record it and upload it to
us by Midnight on Friday, April 16, 2021.

To submit a session proposal visit http://2021.calicon.org/, create
an account, log in, and click on the *Propose a Session* button on any
page. You must submit your proposal by Friday, April 16, 2021. Presenters
will be notified by Friday, April 30, 2021 if their presentation is
accepted. All submissions will be archived on the conference website.
Hope to see everyone there.

Thanks,
Elmer

Director of Technology