[teknoids] Dragon Legal vs. Dragon Pro

Phillip C. Bohl phillip.bohl at pepperdine.edu
Tue Aug 31 16:38:50 EDT 2021

I have a question for you all.

It's been a number of years since we've been asked to get a copy of Dragon
for someone.  In the past we never were asked about getting the legal
version.

Since the legal version was brought up, I'm curious if anyone has any
practical experience using both products.  The requestor, a law professor,
is working on a book (law-related) and needs to be able to dictate due to
limited mobility.

Our experience over the years has been that the performance of the
non-legal version was acceptable if not better than that.

Price is a factor as is precedent. On the Nuance retail site the legal and
pro versions are the same price but when we go through our educational
sales rep, the pro version is just a little over half the price of the
legal version.

Many thanks for your thoughts,

Phil

[image: Pepperdine wordmark]