[teknoids] Dream Classroom?

Peter Stanisci pstanisci at tourolaw.edu
Mon Nov 23 10:44:22 EST 2020

Hi all! I haven't been a participant in this group in quite a bit, forgive my absence.

I have been allotted some funds to renovate some of our classrooms and was looking for some feedback and ideas. I appreciate your time and thoughts and I am sure we'll all be facing these decisions very shortly as things have changed dramatically on the distance learning landscape.

Thanks in advance,

Peter Stanisci
Assistant Dean for Information Technology
Touro Law Center

Classrooms currently contain:
Lectern -
Control screen, monitor, fixed microphone and lavalier/handheld, computer, DVD/VHS, document camera
Room -
Projector, dropdown screen, in ceiling speakers.

New design would include:
Lectern -
Control screen, monitor, fixed microphone and lavalier/handheld, computer

Room -
Projector, dropdown screen, in ceiling speakers.

Potential Additions
Cameras
Instructor facing is 100% going in
                Question: Does anyone use the follow technology; does it work effectively?

Student facing - I am less convinced of this as I am not sure how that would be effectively incorporated into a zoom meeting that would make it effective.

Class Recording technology
We are a Yuja school and will implement Yuja capture devices.

Microphones for Students
                Clearly needed in the hybrid situation, what have you tried... desktops, ceiling, on big audio conference microphone similar to this (https://www.shure.com/en-US/products/microphones/mxa910).