[teknoids] [Ext] "HyFlex" classroom question

Raymond Flores rflores at law.usc.edu
Fri Nov 6 18:37:55 EST 2020

Along the same lines.  With a Hyperflex room that has a classroom wired up with camera and mics everything works fine, except that since you are using the room camera/mics then you lose the active speaker view for the students in the classroom, they become disembodied voices.  If you have the students bring their laptops into the classroom and use their laptops running zoom with headsets then in most circumstances things work fine but you will run into feedback issues if participants forget to mute their mics, or with issues of hearing yourself speak then a delay in hearing the zoom audio in your headset which is unsettling for some students.

Has anyone found a happy medium where faculty can teach from the classroom to students int the classroom as well as remote students without the issues of disembodied voices or audio feedback issues associated with having laptops in the classroom.  Thank you.

Ray