[teknoids] [EXT] Finally Friday!

Wondracek, Jennifer Jennifer.Wondracek at untdallas.edu
Fri Mar 27 16:15:59 EDT 2020

We were on Spring Break when we were told to start planning.  During extended break, we started training the faculty on Zoom and Panopto (with a refresher on Canvas thrown in on occasion).  We are just finishing our first full week of classes, and I think (hope) we made it through intact. There have been bumps and bruises along the way, but nothing that wasn't fixable.  Every class has been able to move online to the best of my knowledge. Even our career services department has been able to move online and continue offering panels and sessions to our students.

We are lending computers out as needed, and our library director, Ed Hart (edward.hart at untdallas.edu if you want more info), was able to secure a great deal on wireless hotspots that we can also check out. Thankfully, we have not had enough of a demand for either that we have run out.  Meanwhile, Amazon refuses to label USB headsets as essential for educators, so we are slowly working through that issue thanks to Ed's persistence.

Our city is on a sort-of shelter in place (You can still go through drive throughs, to the grocery store, Walmart, etc., but "Non-essential" business had to shutdown), so our University has shut the buildings down.  I miss working in an office, but the cats have been most pleased that their servant has come on full-time without even requiring a raise from them. My one cat has also been excited to attempt to recruit other servants via Zoom and Skype calls that I am running. (Small apartment, so no way to shut her out of my workspace).

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Stay safe and healthy!

Jenny

Jennifer L. Wondracek
Director of Legal Educational Technology
UNT Dallas College of Law
214-243-1790
Jennifer.Wondracek at untdallas.edu