[teknoids] Thoughts on Peerceptiv or other similar products?

Rich McCue rmccue at uvic.ca
Thu Apr 30 15:08:29 EDT 2020

I have some colleagues who swear by PeerScholar: https://vision.peerscholar.com/

Pedagogically speaking peer assessment is a great tool to help students benchmark themselves against their peers, as well as incentivize students to put their best effort in knowing that their paper will be read and graded by some of their peers. While peer assessment might result in profs spending somewhat less time grading, they should be putting in more work up front to ensure that the students have good grading rubrics to use, as well as training students on how to be collegial in the tone of their feedback.

Cheers, Rich

Rich McCue, MA, BComm
Manager, Digital Scholarship Commons
University of Victoria Libraries