[teknoids] Thoughts on Peerceptiv or other similar products?

John Mayer jmayer at cali.org
Thu Apr 30 14:57:02 EDT 2020

Kevin Ashley who did some seminal dev on Peerceptiv I believe, talked about
its roots at CALICon in 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY23R_9yvIY

Jane Winn at UW used Peerceptiv in several courses.  Not sure if she is on
Teknoids to respond (copying her in this email).

There are other tools like Peergrade.io.

And of course, if you go back to 2004 or so, Harvard created Rotisserie (
http://h2oproject.law.harvard.edu/rotisserie.html) which used peer grading
with anonymous round-robin features.  Very interesting, but not sure if
it's still a viable option.

John

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 1:16 PM Phillip C. Bohl <phillip.bohl at pepperdine.edu>
wrote:

> So one of our LRW profs has asked if we have a recommendation for an
> anonymous peer document editing platform where students can edit/critique
> the work of their peers.
>
> I have never looked at Peerceptiv <https://www.peerceptiv.com/> and am
> curious if others have found it to be a good tool or if there is some other
> product that may be a candidate for this kind of work.
>
> Many thanks and stay safe.
>
> Phil
>
> [image: Pepperdine Caruso School of Law 50th Anniversary logo]
> *Phillip Bohl*
> Assistant Dean
> Information Services
> Caruso School of Law