[teknoids] [EXT] Respondus Monitor and Remote Administration of Exams

Wondracek, Jennifer Jennifer.Wondracek at untdallas.edu
Wed Apr 22 17:20:26 EDT 2020

We actually had several faculty request remote proctoring, and one trying to determine how to do so in Zoom.  I looked into the new Examsoft Proctoring software, since that is our secure testing platform.  It was too cost prohibitive and too close to finals to get through our compliance department, then do appropriate testing of the software. I believe the Zoom idea was given up when the professor realized you can only see 49 video feeds per session, and you have to continually scroll through them.

That said, try doing a Google search on how to get around the software.  When I was looking at remote proctoring in general, there were several forums, especially reddit, that discussed how to trick the software, such as recording yourself taking a practice exam and then feeding that video back to the proctoring software on loop.  It looked like different proctoring software had different loopholes that you may need to protect against.  (Examsoft's proctoring software is new, so there was no specific information on how to bypass it when I last looked).