[teknoids] Respondus Monitor and Remote Administration of Exams

Ivy, Gregory givy at mail.smu.edu
Tue Apr 21 10:34:07 EDT 2020

Greetings,

            Is your law school using Respondus Monitor to administer exams remotely? If so, I would appreciate hearing whether your faculty or students objected to video monitoring of students taking exams?

If you have used Respondus Monitor previously, did users experience any noteworthy technical problems?

            My law school is evaluating options for remote administration of exams in the fall semester just in case. This summer presents a good opportunity for experimentation, since are offering only five courses with final exams. Unlike the spring semester's credit/no credit grading, summer and presumably fall semester courses will have traditional grading, so security is essential.

            Thanks, and take care.

Greg Ivy  |  Associate Dean for Library and Technology
Underwood Law Library  |  Dedman School of Law  |  Southern Methodist University
6550 Hillcrest Avenue  |  Dallas, TX  75205
Phone (direct) 214-768-1829  |  givy at smu.edu<mailto:givy at smu.edu>