[teknoids] CALIcon2020 Virtual - New call for presenters

Elmer Masters emasters at cali.org
Wed Apr 8 10:41:34 EDT 2020

Howdy folks.

Here's the new call for presenters for the CALIcon2020 Virtual
Conference June 3 - 5, 2020. You can find it on the web at
http://2020.calicon.org/call-for-presenters

CALIcon2020 is putting out a brand new, clean slate Call For Speakers.
We want you to do a 15 minute pre-recorded session on some topic
related to Pandemic + Legal Education + Tech. This can be a
screencast, interpretive dance, podcast, Zoom panel discussion –
whatever you want, but you have to record it and upload it to us by
Midnight on Friday, May 15, 2020.

We will choose 18 of these and assemble them into clusters of three 15
minute presentations to be streamed live during the conference June 3
- 5, 2020. The live stream will give speakers a chance to present
their session live and interact with a remote audience.

Conference Description:
We are in the midst of the largest distance learning experiment in
legal education history. Everyone – faculty, students, Teknoids, law
librarians, edtech folks – everyone – has experienced it differently
and had to make adjustments or witnessed a rapid change. We want you
to talk about that. How’d it go? Does this mean real, permanent change
for legal education? What did you learn? If you could go back in time
to December 2019, what advice would you give yourself? You get the
idea.

To submit a session proposal visit the conference website
http://2020.calicon.org/ , log in and hit the propose a session
button. You can submit your proposal now and upload the recording
later if you want. The deadline to submit and upload your proposal and
recording is Friday, May 15, 2020. Presenters will be notified by
Friday, May 22, 2020 is their presentation is one of the 18. All
submissions will be archived on the conference website.

Thanks,
Elmer

Director of Technology
emasters at cali.org    773-332-7508