[teknoids] Indexing tools

Ginsberg, Deborah dginsberg at kentlaw.iit.edu
Thu Oct 17 15:13:24 EDT 2019

I knew what they were 20 years ago....  This is what the main Indexer
society I know of recommends:
https://www.asindexing.org/reference-shelf/software/.  Cindex
<https://www.indexres.com/buy-standard-edition> was the standard back then,
and I think it still is.  It's about $550.

This PDF Indexer <https://www.pdfindexgenerator.com/> might be useful for
your needs, but I know nothing about how reliable it is. It's about $70.

Also, creating a good index is hard if you don't have training, not to
mention time-consuming. Even now, software can only do so much.  Hiring an
indexer is often the best option (and helps librarians!).  I took a whole
class in many years ago, and that just scratched the surface.

I hope this helps.

Debbie

Debbie Ginsberg, Educational Technology Librarian
Chicago-Kent College of Law Library
565 W. Adams St., Chicago, IL, 60661, 312-906-5673,
dginsberg at kentlaw.iit.edu