[teknoids] Reminder: Legal & Educational Technology Specialist position available at Brooklyn Law School Library
janet.sinder at brooklaw.edu
Tue May 14 16:45:27 EDT 2019
If you know of anyone who might be interested, please encourage them to apply.
Legal & Educational Technology Specialist
Brooklyn Law School Library
Brooklyn Law School Library seeks a dynamic, innovative, user-focused individual to serve as a Legal & Educational Technology Specialist. Founded in 1901, Brooklyn Law School offers a vibrant intellectual community emphasizing teaching excellence, leading-edge scholarship, and an innovative academic program designed to prepare students for public service, business, and private practice, nationwide and across the globe. It is an independent institution, unaffiliated with any university or college, and the only law school in Brooklyn.
The Legal & Educational Technology Specialist will join a library staff of ten librarians and ten paraprofessionals. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
* Supervising the staff (2 full-time Computer Technicians & 8 part-time computer assistants) and operations of the Library's Student Computing Network
* Developing and teaching a course on Law Practice Technology
* Assisting faculty with integrating technology into their teaching and scholarship
* Assisting librarians with the use of technology in teaching and reference service
* Maintaining current knowledge and recommending implementation of educational and law practice technology and recommend implementation of new technology for legal education and practice
* J.D. from an ABA accredited law school or equivalent foreign institution
* M.L.S. or a degree or significant experience in a computer science-related field
* Strong service orientation
* Excellent teaching skills
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and written and oral communication skills
* Demonstrated enthusiasm for promoting information resources and emerging technologies
* Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively
* Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups within an academic community
* Experience teaching or training people to use legal research or legal technology tools
* Experience working in a law library or law-related IT setting
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a salary commensurate with experience.
About Brooklyn Law School
Brooklyn Law School is a private, independent law school located in the heart of downtown Brooklyn, New York. Founded in 1901, Brooklyn Law School enrolls approximately 1100 students.
Brooklyn Law School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its recruitment and hiring process without regard to age, alienage, caregiver status, childbirth, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, partnership status, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, unemployment status, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Applications should be sent to: Janet Sinder, Director of the Library & Professor of Law, janet.sinder at brooklaw.edu<mailto:janet.sinder at brooklaw.edu>.
Applications should include:
* A cover letter describing interest, qualifications, and experience
* A current resume detailing education and relevant experience
* The names and contact information for three professional references
The position is available immediately; applications will be reviewed upon receipt and will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled. Preference will be given to applications received by May 21, 2019.
Professor of Law & Director of the Library
Brooklyn Law School
250 Joralemon St.
Brooklyn, NY 11201
janet.sinder at brooklaw.edu<mailto:janet.sinder at brooklaw.edu>
[cid:image002.jpg at 01D50A74.6E089D00]<http://www.brooklaw.edu/>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 3692 bytes
More information about the Teknoids