[teknoids] Wait: Examsoft and touch screens ... iPad?

Elmer Masters emasters at cali.org
Wed Dec 18 14:47:44 EST 2019

It's swell that the various bars aren't allowing tablets but there's a
change a comin'. LSAC is now offering the Digital LSAT exclusively on
Microsoft Surface Go tablets
https://www.lsac.org/lsat/taking-lsat/about-digital-lsat. The buzz on
Reddit and elsewhere is that future gunners are buying Surface Go's of
their very own in order to be better prepared to take the test. Some of us
have been around long enough to remember what happened when law students
showed up lugging their own desktops and laptops: stuff changed. I'm
thinking another change is coming as new students start to show up with
tablets as their primary computer.

Right now about 12% of our web traffic is coming from mobile devices, and
that's growing. We've been working on updating our web systems to work
better in a handheld world including building mobile first viewers for our
resources and retheming our websites with an eye toward making them more
mobile friendly. It seems to me that law schools (and state bars) have an
opportunity here to stay ahead of this wave and get ready to integrate
tablets into law schools.

All this sounds like excellent fodder for a CALIcon presentation...

Elmer