[teknoids] ACES2 and Slate

Whitcomb, Jeff jmwhitco at samford.edu
Fri Dec 6 10:05:37 EST 2019

The ACES2 API does not talk directly to SLATE, but we have, none the less, automated our portion of the process. SLATE may have some manual steps, but in our case, these are handled by a different admission office, in the main university admission office.

For the transfer of data from ACES2 to SLATE. We are using Windows task scheduler and a series of batch files to run certain parts of the process on a specific schedule. This process, from the law school perspective, fully automates the process of getting admitted students into Banner over two consecutive nights worth of processes. The first night, we have the API generate our export file, that file is SFTP to SLATE, the export file is imported into SLATE. The next day the University admission office does whatever they do. That second night, the admitted (and withdrawn) students are uploaded to Banner via PDT.

If you need more details, I’m happy to provide any info I can.

Jeff Whitcomb
Assistant Director | Enterprise Technology Support

205-726-4662<tel:+1205-726-4662> | office
jmwhitco at samford.edu<mailto:jmwhitco at samford.edu>
samford.edu<https://samford.edu/>
800 Lakeshore Drive
Birmingham, AL 35229<https://maps.google.com/maps?q=800+Lakeshore+Drive,+Birmingham,+AL+35229,+US>