[teknoids] Decision Analysis software

Rich McCue rmccue at uvic.ca
Thu Sep 13 11:20:36 EDT 2018

There is an open source project called "Twine" that allows you to create decision tree, as well as keep track of variables for later reference (the variables allow you to follow up on questions that need a lawyer's expertise for example).  One major positive feature, from my perspective, is that once you've created your decision tree, you simply export it to an HTML file and place is on a vanilla web server. Low overhead and low maintenance. Here's a link to the project website: http://twinery.org/2

Here are a couple of examples. One is a laptop buyers guide, and the other is an interactive story:
http://web.uvic.ca/~rmccue/laptop.html
https://emilymccue.ca/immigration/

Here's what the immigration story backend looks like... it all drag and drop:
[cid:image002.jpg at 01D44B3A.A5AAD650]
Cheers,

Rich