[teknoids] CALIcon18 Call for Presenters Deadline is March 2, 2018

Elmer Masters emasters at cali.org
Tue Jan 23 10:35:02 EST 2018

Houston, we have a problem.

We're a bit over 5 weeks away from the deadline for submitting session
proposals for CALIcon18. We're trying an earlier deadline for submissions
this year so that we can set the agenda a bit sooner and folks time to
decide if they want to attend. To date we've received exactly zero
proposals. The lack of proposals is a bit worrisome.

For nearly 30 years the CALI conference for Law School Computing has relied
on community members to volunteer to speak about things they're working on
or interested in. Without that support the future of the conference is a
bit dim.

We know there is a lot of interesting tech-oriented work and teaching going
on out there, from VR courtrooms to teaching practice tech to law students
to wrestling with exam software and more. All of it will make for great
sessions at CALIcon18 but you've got to submit those proposals now.You can
find all the info you need, including the big submit a session button at
http://2018.calicon.org/. (you'll need to create a new account on the site,
it isn't tied directly to our main site).

Hope to see many of you in June,
Thanks,
Elmer

Director of Technology