[teknoids] [EXT] Browser Lockdown and Open Book Exams

Wondracek, Jennifer Jennifer.Wondracek at untdallas.edu
Tue Jan 16 12:15:58 EST 2018

Examsoft allows for unsecure exams.  There are two levels: 1) Hard drive access, but no internet, and 2) Full access to everything.  With SofTest, we used to have a problem with Macs being unable to open their exam window to full size (problematic when you only have a 13" screen to begin with) during an unsecure test.  We have not tested Examplify to see if it has the same problem.

We allow quizzing through Canvas, which cannot lock down anything.

You could also look to see if FIU has a ProctorU subscription.  It is expensive (at UF, the nursing program charged $35/test/student), but then a proctor verifies who the student is, that they are not being fed answers by someone off-camera, not using technology that is prohibited, and is only using approved materials on their computer.  The student's computer use and surroundings are monitored for the entire test.

Jenny

Jennifer L. Wondracek
Director of Legal Educational Technology
& Professor of Practice
UNT Dallas College of Law
214-243-1790
Jennifer.Wondracek at untdallas.edu<mailto:Jennifer.Wondracek at untdallas.edu>