[teknoids] legal tech boot camp offering?

Courtney L. Selby Courtney.L.Selby at hofstra.edu
Wed Feb 14 14:21:58 EST 2018

Dear All-
Are any of your schools offering something like a legal tech  boot camp or law and technology training programming (other than for-credit courses)?  If so, I'd love to get a chance to talk to you about what kind of initiatives you are trying.  We at Hofstra are currently in the brainstorming phase of developing some type of offering.

I'm not thinking about the Legal Tech Assessment here, but something inclusive of more than just a particular platform or software mastery opportunity.  I'm thinking along the lines of an offering that might include learning about tech literacy/fluency, technology in the delivery of legal services, technology and access to justice, how technology is changing litigation, data security issues, or ethics.  It could also include more specific tech like blockchain or machine learning/AI in legal research.  It could be in-person, asynchronous, over the course of a weekend, over the course of a semester.  There could be some informal or formal credentialing involved, or it could be a purely voluntary program for those who are interested.

If you have some interesting experience and would be willing to chat, I'd love to hear from you off-list.
Many thanks,
Courtney

Courtney Selby, JD, MLIS | Associate Dean for Information Services, Director of the Law Library and Professor of Law | Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University Law Library
122 Hofstra University | Hempstead, NY 11549 | 516-463-5901 | lawcls at hofstra.edu<mailto:lawcls at hofstra.edu>

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.
- William Bruce Cameron
[logo]