[teknoids] [CALIcon19] Call for Presenters

Elmer Masters emasters at cali.org
Thu Dec 6 14:36:41 EST 2018

Howdy folks!

It's that time already, we're looking for presenters for CALIcon19, the 29th
Annual CALI Conference for Law School Computing®, June 6  & 7, 2019 at the
University of South Carolina School of Law in Columbia SC.

tl;dr
* the theme is paradigm shift
* the deadline for proposals is earlier this year: 2/15/2019
* to submit a proposal create an account at http://2019.calicon.org/ and
hit the "Submit a session proposal" button on any page.
* visit http://2019.calicon.org/calicon19-call-presenters for the full call
for presenters.

Here's the full text of the call:

The CALIcon19 theme is...
Paradigm Shift

*“A fundamental change in an individual's or a society's view of how things
work in the world.”*

The way we think about legal education is changing and not just at the
edges.  The crash of 2008, the collapse of law school applicants and the
access to justice gap have inspired law schools to launch new programs to
compete in this shifted world.  Incubators, Innovation Clinics, Hackathons,
Distance Learning, Academic Success, Learning Outcomes, Education Analytics
…. we are doing different things and doing things differently.  Almost all
of these have a technology component too and so are relevant for this
year’s conference.  What is your law school doing?  What should you be
doing?  Come to CALIcon19 to share your plans and discuss the new shifted
present tense of legal education.

For over 25 years, The CALI Conference for Law School Computing® has
organized its schedule to bring the most relevant and up-to-date
presentations to attendees. This year is no different and we are looking
for law school faculty, librarians, and technologists with strong opinions,
great ideas, interesting projects, and useful advice. Come and share and be
challenged. If you are willing and able to speak, your conference
registration fee is just $95!

All sessions are 1 hour long with 30 minute breaks between sessions. Almost
everything will be recorded and posted online.

To propose a session, just visit http://2019.calicon.org/propose-a-session/
<http://2018.calicon.org/propose-a-session/>, log in (remember to create an
account), and fill out the form. Sessions need to be submitted by Friday,
February 15, 2019. All sessions must be submitted through the CALIcon19
website.

We are going to use community voting to help with selecting sessions again
this year. Your votes let us know which sessions you would like to see on
the conference agenda. Starting on Friday, February 15, 2019 voting will be
opened and will remain open until Friday, March 1, 2019. The number of
votes for a session will be taken into consideration as part of the session
acceptance process and to help with scheduling. To vote you will just need
to visit the conference website and vote for the sessions you would like to
see on the agenda. You do not need to be registered for the conference to
vote.

We will notify speakers via email by March 15, 2019 if their session is
accepted. The listing of accepted sessions will be posted on the conference
website on March 15, 2019.

Conference hotel and registration information is available at
http://2019.calicon.org/ now.

*CONFERENCE FEES*

   - $295 for attendees from CALI member law schools
   - $695 for attendees from non-CALI member institutions
   - $95 for speakers from CALI member schools
   - $495 for speakers from non-CALI member schools
   - $Free for CALI Authors and CEB members

*CONTACT*

   - 2019 Conference hashtag is #CALIcon19
   - Follow CALI on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CALIorg
   - Subscribe to the CALI Blog at spotlight.cali.org for updates.
   - Questions, problems, ideas, suggestions, contact Elmer Masters -
   emasters at cali.org.

Thanks,
Elmer.

Director of Technology