[teknoids] Online options for 24-hour take-home exams

Ivy, Gregory givy at mail.smu.edu
Thu Oct 26 13:58:12 EDT 2017

Debbie:

                We have at least one professor who uses TWEN to do this. He makes his exam available on TWEN for 24 hours and gives students four hours to download the exam and upload their answers. In the perfect world, TWEN would timestamp the exam answer with the time the student downloads the exam and the time the student uploads the exam answer. While that information isn’t recorded on the student’s answer, it is recorded in at least two places in TWEN:  the Grade Assignments/Quizzes page and the Course Usage page.

                It’s my understanding that Examplify/SofTest offers similar functionality.

Greg Ivy  •  Associate Dean for Library and Technology
Underwood Law Library  •  Dedman School of Law  •  Southern Methodist University
6550 Hillcrest Avenue  •  Dallas, TX  75205
Phone (direct) 214-768-1829  •  givy at smu.edu<mailto:givy at smu.edu>

[http://www.smu.edu/~/media/Site/DevelopmentExternalAffairs/PublicAffairs/Logos/dedmanlaw/dedmanlaw2RBrgb]