[teknoids] Question about online course sharing

Corey, Kirk kirk-corey at uiowa.edu
Thu Oct 5 14:50:48 EDT 2017

Hello, all!

For the past four years, the University of Iowa College of Law has been sharing courses online with our colleagues at Ohio State University.  Both locations use classrooms equipped with camera(s), microphone(s), and technology to enable sharing of powerpoints and other instructional materials.  We have used H.323 (polycom and cisco) for some classes, and Zoom for other classes.  The purpose of the sharing arrangement is to make it possible for students at both universities to have access to courses in specialty areas that are taught by distinguished faculty at each institution.

With the announcement of our current dean stepping down and a new dean search getting underway, one thing we're investigating is the possibility of expanding our course sharing arrangements with other law schools.  For that reason, I've set up a brief, 4 question survey at https://uiowa.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0HShgT2LUB34925 to find out which school are currently equipped for sharing courses in this way.  I'd be very grateful if you have a minute to take the survey.

Best,

Kirk

-----

Kirk Corey, PhD
Director, Policy and User Services, Information Security and Policy Office
Director of Information Technology, College of Law
University of Iowa
kirk-corey at uiowa.edu