[teknoids] clinic student/faculty communications and confidential info.

Edmunds, Doug edmunds at unc.edu
Fri Nov 17 16:51:25 EST 2017

We faced the same basic predicament at UNC Law, but all students only retain access to email for 180 days there. However, due to concerns similar to yours, we *did* manage to convince central ITS that these students, serving as lawyers in the clinic, should be granted “employee” addresses. In our case, this was mainly so they could get Unified Messaging, that is, voice mail forwarded to email since so many of their clients would call first.

Keep lobbying for employee accounts! And best of luck.

Doug

- -
Doug Edmunds
Adjunct Instructor
UNC School of Information & Library Science