[teknoids] Job Opening: Adjunct/Lecturer, Law Practice Technology at FIU Law

Lisa Davis lisdavis at fiu.edu
Wed Nov 1 14:45:55 EDT 2017

Greetings Teknoids,

Please apply if interested and share with interested colleagues; apologies for cross-posting.

FIU College of Law<https://law.fiu.edu/> through the Law Library<https://law.fiu.edu/library/> is seeking an adjunct lecturer to teach our Law Practice Technology course beginning Spring 2018. This course can be taught in person or online (Canvas) synchronous or asynchronous.

We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we hope to fill this position soon to prepare for Spring 2018; we will be reviewing applications as they come in and through November 10, 2017.

Law Practice Technology is taught as a 2 or 3 credit course. The course covers technology and its use in the practice of law. Law Practice Technology will expose students to the theory and use of technology in legal practice, examining the role different technologies and their use in supporting legal practice and providing legal representation. The course may examine: litigation technologies; document management; practice management; electronic discovery; project management; eLawyering and virtual law practice; web design basics; and the ethical, security and privacy issues related to the development and use of technology in legal practice.
The posting - Job ID 514153 - can be viewed and interested applicants can apply here; please use Firefox or Safari for best viewing experience:

https://pslinks.fiu.edu/psp/jobs/CUSTOMER/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1000&JobOpeningId=514153&PostingSeq=1

Open until filled. You can also apply through the FIU jobs portal: https://hr.fiu.edu/careers/

Florida International University<http://www.fiu.edu/> is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools<http://main.fiu.edu/academics/colleges-schools/index.html> that offers more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral<http://main.fiu.edu/academics/degree-programs/> programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes $9.8 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded over 200,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU @ I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum<http://thefrost.fiu.edu/>, the Wolfsonian-FIU<http://www.wolfsonian.org/>, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU<http://www.jewishmuseum.com/>. FIU is a member of Conference USA<http://www.fiusports.com/> and has over 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.

Thank you,
Lisa

Lisa Davis, J.D., M.S.
Interim Associate Dean for