[teknoids] Student Elections

John Mayer jmayer at cali.org
Fri Mar 31 16:04:55 EDT 2017

I had the funny thought that you could use CALI Author and Autopublish it
and use that as a polling tool.

The link would be known only to who you shared it with.

You could put the candidate bios/statements in there - even pics.

The owner can see the score results which is the poll results.

Users would have to login to the CALI website and (I think) the score
results only count the first time through per person, so users would not be
able to vote multiple times by running the "lesson" multiple times.  It
wouldn't prevent people with multiple identities from voting, but most
systems wouldn't unless specifically designed for that - some kind of
one-time-use code.

You could even see the list of people who voted which might solve the
problem of election integrity if you were worried about that in a student
election.  You could also tell if there were any votes from outside your
law school in this list.

Here's a test of this idea...
Follow this link and vote for the best picture of me from a CALI Conference

https://www.cali.org/autopublish/run/16690

I will post the results when I get a few answers to see if this works.

John

----------
John Mayer
Executive Director