[teknoids] Extended support on EOSL hardware

Bryan Rapp brapp at wcl.american.edu
Thu Jun 1 19:27:51 EDT 2017

We used them a couple years ago for an EMC SAN that was EOL.  We didn't
have any major issues with the SAN, but when one of the drives did die,
we just informed them, and they shipped us out a replacement overnight.
They were very easy to deal with, and willing to give us the exact
length of support we needed, so we weren't paying for anything we didn't
need.

Bryan

> Thayer York <mailto:tyork at uw.edu>
> June 1, 2017 at 6:57 PM
>
> Fellow TekNoids,
>
> We’re considering third-party warranty coverage for some Dell
> servers/storage arrays that are approaching their end of support life
> with Dell.  One place that keeps coming up is Park Place Technologies
> (https://www.parkplacetechnologies.com/).  The handful of reviews I’ve
> read seem generally positive and their pricing is very reasonable,
> especially compared to what Dell has charged for warranty extensions.
>
> Anyone have any experience with them?  With any competitors?
>
> Thanks for any input you may have.
>
>   -> Thayer
>
> ______________________________
>
> Thayer York
>
> Director of Technology Services
>
> University of Washington School of Law

Bryan Rapp
Director
Office of Technology
American University Washington College of Law
202-274-4185
brapp at wcl.american.edu

For audio/video related assistance, please email mcc at wcl.american.edu
For computer related assistance, please email helpdesk at wcl.american.edu