[teknoids] 2 questions

Hirsh, Kenneth (hirshkh) hirshkh at ucmail.uc.edu
Thu Jul 13 16:16:01 EDT 2017

While I question whether I am smarter than Doug, I agree that these matters are not ABA accreditation driven. I haven’t researched the questions, so consider this an educated guesss. The policies regarding revealing accommodations are in response to a combination of FERPA and the ADA, or IDEA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, Americans with Disablity Act, Individuals with Disabilities Education Act). I’m betting someone else on the list has researched this very question and may have a response for us.

I think anonymous grading is a policy that developed over time in response to a perceived need to have unbiased grading on a high stakes written test. While FERPA would protect one’s grades from being released to other students, a professor is not so restricted.
Ken

ken.hirsh at uc.edu<mailto:ken.hirsh at uc.edu>
(513) 556-0159