[teknoids] Amicus Attorney licensing

Covey, Chad covey at law.unm.edu
Wed Jan 4 17:27:03 EST 2017

Gavel and Gown, and their case management product Amicus Attorney, were bought out last year.  It appears they are shifting from an annual maintenance agreement to a per user/per month licensing model.  With ~ 60 students, faculty, and staff using Amicus, the annual cost to us would be significantly higher under this new model.  I'm wondering if those still using Amicus could share their anticipated costs?  If you want to email me directly, that would be great.  I'll be happy to share what I am able to gather.

More generally, has anyone recently selected an alternate to Amicus, or migrated?

Thank you,

Chad Covey
Law IT Manager
University of New Mexico School of Law