[teknoids] Exam archive platform?

Nick Szydlowski nick.szydlowski at bc.edu
Tue Feb 28 16:38:58 EST 2017

We made something fairly simple for past exams and I'd be happy to share
the code if it seems like it would work for you (or others). We store the
metadata for the exams in a Google sheet and then use client-side
JavaScript to provide searching and filtering. Most of the functionality
comes from the Datables JQuery plugin. It should work on most CMS
platforms, provided you have the ability to add JavaScript and CSS to the
page where it lives and possibly write some CSS to make it match the look
and feel of your site. The exams themselves can be stored anywhere you have
appropriate password protection. So it is a custom solution, but since the
back end is a Google sheet, it's relatively simple to set up and maintain.

This is how the page looks for us:
http://www.bc.edu/bc-web/schools/law/sites/current-students/
library/using/preparing-exams.html

Best,
Nick

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 4:13 PM, Eiseman, Jason <jason.eiseman at yale.edu>
wrote:

> Although we don't have a formal project in the works at the moment, our
> thinking is that at some point we may have a project that involves
> digitizing historical exams, and collecting and moving more recent exams
> into Preservica, which we have started using as our long-term digital
> preservation platform - http://preservica.com/.
>

> With Preservica we can set a collection policy based on date of the
> material so that more recent exams are locked down while historical exams
> would be available publicly for research.
>
> Currently the exams we have are available through our ILS.
>

> --Jason
>
> ----
> Jason Eiseman
> Associate Law Librarian for Technology and Digital Initiatives
> Lillian Goldman Law Library
> Yale Law School
> PO Box 208215
> New Haven, CT 06520-8215
> jason.eiseman at yale.edu
>
> ------------------------------

Nick Szydlowski
Digital Initiatives and Scholarly Communication Librarian
Boston College Law School
617 552-4474
--
Follow the BC Law Library on Social Media!

<https://twitter.com/intent/follow?original_referer=https%3A%2F%2Fabout.twitter.com%2Fresources%2Fbuttons&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&screen_name=BCLawLib&tw_p=followbutton>
  [image: https://www.facebook.com/Boston-College-Law-Library-13803164549]
<https://www.facebook.com/Boston-College-Law-Library-13803164549>
<https://www.instagram.com/bclawlibrary/>