[teknoids] Bar exams banning Macs with Touch Bar

Wondracek, Jennifer Jennifer.Wondracek at untdallas.edu
Wed Feb 1 11:25:57 EST 2017

We have midterms (the majority of our classes), just around the corner.  Our Exam Task Force has already decided that we will be sending an announcement to the students that 1) All TBM users will be required to see IT so that we can verify that their touch bar is disabled before exam week.  2) Every TBM user will need to complete an affidavit in class before taking the exam that states that they have turned off the TB, will not reactivate it, and that they understand that use of the TB would be a violation of the honor code.  3) We have 20 checkout laptops for those who want to avoid the hassle. (unofficial language)

We are assuming (hoping?) that we will only have a handful of the TBMs wandering around.

Jenny

Jennifer L. Wondracek
Director of Legal Educational Technology
& Professor of Practice
UNT Dallas College of Law
214-243-1790
Jennifer.Wondracek at untdallas.edu<mailto:Jennifer.Wondracek at untdallas.edu>