[teknoids] Examplify service issue

Jason Dinkel jason.dinkel at washburn.edu
Tue Dec 12 11:04:06 EST 2017

I worked with Examsoft Support on this issue yesterday. I had multiple students get stuck in this Examplify boot loop. To fix the issue you must:

1) Reboot in Safe Mode with Command Prompt

2) Enter "explorer.exe" into CMD to open File Explorer

3) Navigate to where Examplify program files are stored (most likely C:\Program Files (x86)\Examsoft\Examplify)

4) Dive into the "Services" folder

5) Run "EsWinsr.exe" as administrator, twice. Not sure why the need to run it twice, but that's what Examsoft had me do. This program resets the security settings that Examplify sets when a student takes a secure exam.

6) Run reboot command in CMD to restart the machine: shutdown -r

Once the machine reboots, you should be able to log back into the computer normally.

Jason Dinkel

Washburn University School of Law

Information Technology,

User Services Administrator