[teknoids] Teknoids Digest, Vol 140, Issue 12

MOORE, GARY GMOORE at law.sc.edu
Thu Apr 20 08:03:09 EDT 2017

Good Morning, Michael

Well, the 1L Exam pre release wasn't bad on Monday.  We only had one 1L exam out of the three using Softest.  We had three computers that had multiple freezes but had extra time.

As for the post update release being a fix, not sure on that.  In the 2L/3L Income Tax exam that I was covering, there were two macs out of the entire class (and we're 2/3 mac) that had the new release, that were on 10.12.4 and yet had three freezes each.  However, there were several other 10.12.4 Sierra Macs with the new release in that room that didn't freeze at all.

We're going to get the logs from the one computer that I verified had 10.12.4 and the new release, yet had the freeze today and send that to Examsoft.

We have one 2L/3L exam this morning.   I'll be checking on that.

I can tell you that the freeze prior to the new release did not have to do with whether the softest exams were secured or not. The 1L exam on Monday with Softest was unsecured.   Still froze.

I'll keep you all posted on any updates.   Tomorrow is our big day with three morning exams and then all three 1L afternoon exams on softest.

Gary

Gary Moore
Assistant Dean for Academic Technology
University of South Carolina School of Law