[teknoids] Law schools reusing/deleting student email addresses and the creation of CALI accounts

Elmer Masters emasters at cali.org
Mon Sep 19 11:37:47 EDT 2016

Folks,
I know that some of you are at schools who reuse or bulk delete
student email addresses for one reason or another. I want to remind
you that this practice creates problems for the CALI website. Our
system wants each person who registers to have a unique email address.
If you're school is reusing email addresses or deleting the accounts
of  students after a certain amount of time please ask your students
to register with a non-edu email address. We do not require the use of
a law school email account to register on the CALI website. Everyone
just needs the appropriate authorization code.

Note that if a student accesses the site with a reused email address
that new student will have, for example, immediate and complete access
to the CALI Lesson results of the prior student. This is a serious
problem but it has a simple solution, just remind students to register
with a non-edu address if the conflict arises.

Thanks,
Elmer.

Director of Technology
emasters at cali.org    773-332-7508