[teknoids] Desktop virtualization / VDI ?

Chapman, Ben ben.chapman at emory.edu
Wed Sep 7 09:56:08 EDT 2016

Michael,

Emory is looking into Amazon’s Workspaces for VDI. I agree with you that scale is the key thing – it has never quite worked out to do it at the 200 desktop scale of the law school. However, if we can piggyback on a University-level project, I think it will make sense. We also see it as a way to get a handle on the pressure we are beginning to see with regard to support for multiple devices and BYOD. There is also the potential to virtualize the lab, which is interesting.

Best wishes,

Ben

—
Ben Chapman, JD
Assistant Dean for Information Technology
Emory University School of Law
ben.chapman at emory.edu
IT help: lawhelp at emory.edu
Phone: 404-727-6948