[teknoids] Internal communications tools?

Thayer York tyork at uw.edu
Tue Sep 6 20:38:11 EDT 2016

Fellow Teknoids,

We are exploring options to replace the current internal communication tool which we use for school announcements (events, HR, etc.) and event reminders.  Currently we use a homegrown app to send an email digest that pulls from a SharePoint list and Trumba.  While revising the local app based on user feedback is one option, we are exploring getting a third party tool that would provide a more modern communication experience (e.g. allow users to self-subscribe, opt for notification options other than email, etc.).

So, what do you use for this?  Any recommendations of good tools out there?

Thanks,
  -> Thayer

Thayer York
Interim Director
Technology Services - University of Washington School of Law