[teknoids] Tools for tracking faculty activity

Kris Niedringhaus krisn at gsu.edu
Tue May 31 13:40:17 EDT 2016

Ken,

As an alternative perspective, GSU has used Digital Measures for several years and it has not been popular. (We are required to use it to produce annual reports for our deans and as a way of providing a database of faculty activity.

Some of the problems may be due to the old interface (ours was recently upgraded and is more friendly) and the setup by the University. It is often difficult to categorize activities using the structure and categories used by the University. Because of this, it has been difficult to automatically generate cv or bio pages because things show up in weird categories.

On the up side, it has the potential to capture a great deal of data that would be useful to be able to scrape and manipulate. I think the potential is there and it is a matter of the setup and categorizations being done well.

Best,
Kris

Kristina L. Niedringhaus
Associate Dean for Library & Information Services
Associate Professor of Law
Georgia State University College of Law