[teknoids] Tools for tracking faculty activity

Edmunds, Doug edmunds at unc.edu
Tue May 31 11:27:29 EDT 2016

Hi Ken,

Our business school at UNC just started using that Activity Insights platform, and my counterpart there says the faculty seem to have adapted to it quickly, with few technical issues. From what I heard, it ain't cheap.

We built something called "Faculty Notes" within our internal website that faculty are asked to use to capture speaking engagements, op-eds, publications and other service work. That generates data for our communications and academic affairs offices, which they use in various ways to promote the work of people. But I don't think it is used much in the tenure & promotion process.

Best,
Doug

Sent from my iPhone
--