[teknoids] [job announcement] Harvard Law Library LIL is looking for a Python developer for the Perma.cc project

Elmer Masters elmer at teknoids.net
Fri May 20 08:18:51 EDT 2016

Folks,
Thought this might be of interest to anyone looking for a new gig. See
http://librarylab.law.harvard.edu/jobs for all the details.

"Python Web Developer - Perma.cc Project

Who we are

LIL is a small startup shop embedded in the world's largest academic
law library. We build open-source experiments and share them with the
world. Some grow into high-profile hosted websites that are depended
on by courts, lawyers, professors, publishers, and the public.

Among other things, we're curing link rot with Perma.cc, exploring new
publishing models for textbooks with H2O, and scanning 40 million
pages of American caselaw with Free the Law.

Who we need

We need an experienced Python/Django developer to work on the Perma.cc
project. Over the past three years, Perma has grown explosively in the
legal field, now serving over half of American law schools and 20% of
state Supreme Courts. Over the next two years, we'll expand Perma
support to all academic fields as well as commercial users. You'll
write the code to make that possible.

While your primary project will be Perma, we're a collaborative,
experimental lab, and we hope you'll bring us your side projects and
be excited about ours. This is a great spot for people who are
enthusiastic about the web and the future of libraries."

Thanks,
Elmer.
Teknoids Admin