[teknoids] Interactive monitors in classrooms

Anderson, Tony anderson at law.unm.edu
Thu May 12 18:20:25 EDT 2016

Hey all,

I wanted to do a quick survey to see which, if any, of you have some sort of interactive monitor attached to your podiums in the classroom. We have several SMARTpodiums in our larger classrooms. Turns out they are no longer made or really supported on the software front. The nice thing about them was the ability for instructors to mark-up documents and such using an attached pen during class.

Finding myself at a fork in the road with touch-screen monitors becoming popular, I am trying to decide whether to stick with an "out-dated" product or go another route and I wanted to see what creative solutions you fine folk have come up with.

So for those of you with interactive devices, what do you use (both hardware and software) and how well does it function in the classroom environment?

Thanks!

Tony Anderson
Manager - Media Services/Copy center
University of New Mexico - School of Law