[teknoids] LII is looking for a web developer

Elmer Masters emasters at cali.org
Thu Mar 24 13:22:51 EDT 2016

Folks,

The Legal Information Institute at Cornell Law School is looking for a
full stack web developer to join their team. Tom Bruce runs the LII
show and he is founder of this very mailing list. They're a great team
working on interesting things so if you're a web dev, check them out.
All the details are at
https://cornellu.taleo.net/careersection/10164/jobdetail.ftl?job=30363.

Briefly, from the job description:

"The Legal Information Institute ( https://www.law.cornell.edu ) at
Cornell Law School is the world’s leading source for free legal
information.  Each year, we serve 30 million people from over 240
countries around the world who want to find and understand the law.
Our website, established in 1992, was the thirtieth on the Web and we
have been a law-and-technology leader ever since.

Our engineering team builds fast-loading, usable, reliable
applications that bring American law to people from all walks of life
- lawyers, engineers, construction workers, students, disability
advocates, bankers, farmers, and many, many more. We make full use of
cutting-edge NLP, machine-learning, and cloud-computing technologies
to support our mission.

We are looking for a full-stack web developer to join our small,
highly collaborative team. If you join us, you will:

   * Help us maintain, improve, and expand the features of the full
range of our web-based content.
    * Improve the user experience for our pool of legal author/experts
and correspondents.
    * Build technology and application-spanning services that
integrate our data and user experience with other providers.
    * Learn and grow as a technologist."

Director of Technology
emasters at cali.org    773-332-7508