[teknoids] Accommodating students who need to dictate exams?

Steve Hyatt sghyatt at ualr.edu
Fri Mar 11 15:03:23 EST 2016

We have two laptops set up for these types of accommodation. One has Dragon
for speech recognition and one has Jaws for our sight impaired students. As
we have never had overlap (two students needing the same laptop), it has
worked.

However, lately we have also begun to work with our main campus Office of
Disability Support. They have laptops that mostly the undergrads use. We
just send our students to them to take the test. Its a bit cumbersome in
our situation because we are not located on the main campus. But it's an
option.

 However, for Law Schools on a campus with those services, it is certainly
worth looking into. Especially if you are looking into purchasing the
software which can get pricey quick.

*Steve Hyatt | Computing Services Manager*
UALR William H. Bowen School of Law
501.324.9995 (o)