[teknoids] Accommodating students who need to dictate exams?

Edmunds, Doug edmunds at unc.edu
Fri Mar 11 12:40:45 EST 2016

Hi Ben et al.,

We have always worked with UNC's office of accessibility resources & service when accommodations such as these are offered/required. That office has licensing deals for JAWS, the screen reader software, but I'm not sure about Dragon. I would think Emory has a similar central office that maybe could provide some help or guidance? We do provide a limited number of loaner laptops every exam period, a service which our students very much appreciate. But these cases where an accommodation requires additional software beyond ExamSoft are rare.

Good luck!

Doug

---
Doug Edmunds
Assistant Dean for IT & Adjunct Instructor
UNC School of Law
http://www.linkedin.com/in/dougedmunds/
http://twitter.com/doug_edmunds<http://twitter.com/unclawinfotech>