[teknoids] Accommodating students who need to dictate exams?

Chapman, Ben ben.chapman at emory.edu
Fri Mar 11 12:26:06 EST 2016

Colleagues,

First off, Happy Friday! It’s a beautiful day here in Atlanta and I hope you all are having a good day.

Now to the question. Students have been given an exam accommodation where they are permitted to dictate their exam answers using one of Dragon’s products. However, it appears that the students have not previously used the software and do not have it installed on their own computers. We are being asked if we can provide loaner computers with Dragon to the students during exams. I’m a little worried that we may run into demand issues – and I would very much prefer that they have Dragon on their own machines to train the software, become familiar with its use, etc.

Have any of you dealt with this scenario? Do you provide loaners in this situation?

Many thanks for your advice.

Ben

—
Ben Chapman, JD
Assistant Dean for Information Technology
Emory University School of Law
ben.chapman at emory.edu
IT help: lawhelp at emory.edu
Phone: 404-727-6948