[teknoids] Attendance Tracking Information

Ramsey, Robert L robert-ramsey at uiowa.edu
Thu Jul 21 08:37:19 EDT 2016

I may not be with a law college anymore, but I know our university uses an in-house app to track required attendance at concerts and performances.  Students just swipe their id on the way into the concert and it records them by university id.  Depending on the size of the room, they have two computers and mag strip readers going that just record the id on the card.  It's fairly quick, simple, and easy to do.  The older mag strip readers are pretty much like keyboards, so they just type in whatever they read.  RFIDS should work the same or pretty close.

Bob Ramsey
University of Iowa