[teknoids] Smart Podium replacement

Timothy Divito tdivito at camden.rutgers.edu
Thu Jul 7 16:08:48 EDT 2016

We just installed an Extron Annotator 300 in one of our classrooms instead in place of a SMART podium display.

http://www.extron.com/product/product.aspx?id=annotator300&s=4

It takes an input from our video switcher (and his a few inputs of its own) and is very responsive.   It’s being used with an Extron switcher, but my guess is you could integrate it with other control tech as well.  We put a pretty basic 22” HP touch screen that used to be connected to a print-release station, but the image looks great.  The great thing about this is that it will annotate more than one source, so we have a document camera, apple TV VCR/DVD, VGA and HDMI laptop connections, and a PC all connected and those sources also all go out annotated over our video conference codac.   There is no software to install as the touch controls are right on the display.   There is another switcher involved (which we needed in the room anyway), so your mileage may vary.

Thanks,
-Tim

Timothy DiVito
Associate Director of Information Technology
Rutgers Camden Information Technology (RCIT)
(856) 225-6565 | tdivito at camden.rutgers.edu
RCIT Helpdesk: (856) 225-2343
support at camden.rutgers.edu