[teknoids] Smart Podium replacement

Phillip C. Bohl phillip.bohl at pepperdine.edu
Thu Jul 7 15:28:33 EDT 2016

Folks,

We have a number of the 24" Smart branded interactive displays in our
classrooms.

We use them for basic annotation in our larger classrooms.  They're a bit
overkill but we do have a number of enthusiastic users.

As luck would have it, we are looking for some additional Smart Podium 524
<https://smarttech.com/Solutions/Higher+Education+Solutions/Products+for+higher+education/Interactive+whiteboards+and+displays/SMART+Podium+interactive+pen+display>
and
are finding that they are extremely difficult to locate.

Not to mention they are VERY pricey.

I'm wondering two things:

1. does anyone have a couple of these (lightly used?) they'd be willing to
sell to us?
2. does anyone have experience with a good annotation package coupled with
a decent 24" or larger touch screen? -- this may be our best bet moving
forward. We have some experience with ELO screens coupled with PointMaker
as well as Crestron touch screens.

Many thanks!

Phil
Pepperdine Law