[teknoids] Well, this is it

Johnson, Cyndi johnson at law.unm.edu
Thu Dec 22 10:35:42 EST 2016

Thanks, John. It has been a long and interesting journey, that’s a fact. I still have the “IBM PC on Campus” t-shirt from maybe 1982. It has a few stains but it’s a classic. And you’re right – I was in the first graduating CS class and the only female. I’ll probably do some mentoring with girls in STEM programs and try to dispel the myth that only male geeks find careers in the STEM areas. And no offense to my male geek friends. =)
I was known for a long time as R2Dean2 when I became the Assistant Dean for IT and my name was Cyndi Dean. Then they started calling me The Computer Goddess when I got married, and that’s what is inscribed on the beautiful piece of Nambe they gifted me with.
You and I also share a love for all things four-footed (or tripods) so somehow I think that will also keep us connected in the future. Right now I have two bottle baby puppies in my office. Many people here, students, staff and faculty, have said they’ll miss that most about me; I’m rarely without a bottle baby these days.
Much love back at you!
Cyndi

Cyndi Johnson
Director/Assistant Dean for Information Technology
UNM School of Law
(505) 277-0695